Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rocky Mountain High...

Nick and I took a trip "home-home" (as we used to call it in college) last week to Colorado. We hit the weather just right and were blessed with 70 degree temps and days full of sunshine. While I love snow, I'm glad I was there last week and not this week for the blizzard.

We spent a few days in Glenwood, seeing our wonderful family and friends, before heading to Moab for the weekend with my mom, dad, sister and her three kids. I think it was the first time the four of us had been together on a vacation (without Andy or Richie) in over 10 years. While we missed our men, it was fun to be just with the Sheriffs.

The weather in Moab was perfect. High 70s and 80s, sun, a few clouds, and a nice breeze. Our purpose for going to Moab, other than sun, relaxation, and family time, was to run in the Canyonlands 5 Mile Race. My mom, sister and I all ran it and finished a few minutes under our goal of 50 minutes (speed-racers, I know). My mom actually took 5th in her age group and earned herself a medal. I can only hope I am in as great of shape as her when I'm 56. Heck, I can't even keep up with her at the age of 29. She's a rockstar.
Papa did a great job getting all the kids to the finish line!

Going home always soothes my soul. It's so nice to have such a fun and supportive family and great friends to welcome me. Nick was in heaven playing with his cousins - he and Brady are hilarious together and he can't get enough of Addie and Cooper. I got to spend some quality time with my cousins, who are turning into such mature, nice people. And we got to see Karen, Mandy & John, Steph & Nate (who are expecting!!), and Nick's godparents Becky & Daren (at a long layover at DIA). Good times.

Here are some more pictures - all of Nick & Brady!

No comments: